About me..

Hi there 👋

Thanks for checking out my Blog!

My name is Simon and I plan on using this Blog to document every phase of my Acl Recon journey..

A bit about me.. I've been self employed working at 'Nomis Garden Services' for the past 8 years, working in some beautiful locations around Devon uk.
View from a garden I maintain in Kingswear uk 😉👌

I'm mad about fitness and sport in general, huge Liverpool fan! Run lots of marathons and completed the Welsh 3000s a few times in the past 4 years. My main passions are football, skiing, golf and running although I'm keen to try anything other than Cricket 😴

Having played football for a good 15 years and had no real 'big' injuries, it was almost inevitable that one was around the corner waiting to happen and unfortunately that is exactly what happened in October 2015.

Whilst chasing down an opponent to regain possession of the ball, my studs got caught in the astro turf and my knee hyperextended 🙈
After a pop and initial surge of pain, I walked it off, drove home and carried on as usual for a few weeks ..

Not long after in the November of 2015 I ran a Bear Grylls survival race with my late brother Dan, consisting of 30km broken up by lots of obstacles and survival challenges.. we absolutely smashed it and I'd do it again tomorrow if I could!

Me left Big bro Dan right 🌟

Needless to say my knee did not thank me for taking part and during the weeks after I was forced to seek medical advice due to chronic instability/ pain in my knee.

Months of physio past and conservative efforts to regain strength in my knee over the winter 15/16 were not enough and I demanded a MRI scan be done asap to find out what the issue was..

The result of that scan was issued around April 2016 and concluded that I had indeed torn 80-90% of my cruciate ligament. 😖

........

After almost 2 years of waiting for a surgery Date I was informed in December 2017, the earliest I could expect any Op would be April 2018 due to the push backs on the NHS 😔

Life has gone on as normal since the initial injury, albeit with No football, skiing or any pivoting/ cutting for the matter! (boring)
But I have been able to continue playing golf, run and work steadily which is not so bad in the grand scheme of things, however I am itching to get back on the football pitch and go Skiing again!

Looking forward to getting the Surgery and writing this blog to share my experience.. 👍

Nomis

https://www.instagram.com/nomisyoung88/


Don't forget to hit the comment section up, love to hear your experiences, questions, tips etc 😉🤘



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog.. Feel free to share & comment

Popular posts from this blog

1 month down 👀

Did somebody say Turbo trainer!? 🚴🤗💪🏻

Saturday