1 month down 👀

Today marks the 1 month milestone.

Honestly, if I knew I'd be walking, cycling and rehabbing with no pain or issues (touch wood) at this point before Surgery I'd have been very sceptical given the horror stories I've heard and read.

Until I see my OS on March 5th I'm not counting any blessings as I need to hear from him the graft is great and all is well.
Something in my head says there has to be some issue somewhere surely? Rehab can't be this straight forward..can it?

The only thing that annoys me is the muscle Atrophy of the quad, really it's the Vastus Lateralis that's been hit the hardest and it's because the water pipe for the surgery was inserted there through all the muscle tissue. 

Having gone into this surgery almost 2 years after the injury.. my legs were as strong as they ever have been, there were no weakness in the acl deficient leg at all, which leads me to wonder with the normal muscle mass present compared to someone who'd perhaps only had 6 months to prehab thus already having atrophied muscle....is that why the atrophy is more noticeable/ severe? 🤔

It's annoying but I know it comes back, I certainly take some comfort knowing I couldnt have gone into the surgery in better shape.

The theme moving forward is to slowly increase the flexion and maintain extension whilst continually doing my home rehab program, ensuring the graft is protected whilst it goes through it's revascularization phase weeks 6-10
(Weakest point)

After my meeting with the OS in March, I will have a session with my Physio to break up scar tissue and discuss anything else relevant to my recovery.

Overall very content with how the process is going so far 👌🏻

Nomis






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did somebody say Turbo trainer!? 🚴🤗💪🏻

Saturday