2 Months

https://www.instagram.com/nomisyoung88/

2 months have past already!

I haven't updated this blog for a while due to the fact there was nothing of any real note to report..

I've now had my initial Post Op assessment with the OS, thankfully the graft is in fact still there and has a very solid end point...which is fantastic!

All the usual assessments were done to gauge how things are progressing...

Extension- full with symmetrical hyperextension

Flexion- 90% equal to uninvolved side

Quad Strength atrophy- as expected but rapidly returning to pre surgery level/ size

Incision/ Graft site- healing well, some scar tissue along the tendon but not issues with patellar tracking

Rehab- Going very well, majority done on a home schedule, with visits to Physio around key milestone dates, i.e. 2 weeks, 3 months, 6 months (Mainly to get clearance to advance regimes)


Currently I feel smack bang in the middle of the 'boring' phase of rehab, I can't really advance my exercises until month 3/4 as the graft is technically in its weakest state right now.
I'm hoping to start running again around week 12, but will seek clearance from a Physio beforehand though as I don't want any setbacks.

On May 18th if all continues to go well I will be teeing the ball up at my Golf Club for the first time in 5 months! I can't bloody wait, the fact the weather has been atrocious for the duration of my rehab has made me feel less annoyed as I wouldn't have been playing golf anyway!

I'm starting back to work on Tuesday, if we're not snowed in again. I have plenty to be getting on with this time of year and have been busy prepping flyers and business cards for the upcoming lawn season. I'm always on the look out for lawns to add to my Client list as they are bread&butter jobs that fit well in between the bulk of my other jobs.

My goals for he next month are to regain full flexion and continue to build the leg muscle strength/ size.
My workout routine is simple but seems very effective so will continue to use it until I can advance the exercises.


Thats all for this update..
I'll fire up another one in a couple weeks!

Nomis 👋









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 month down 👀

Did somebody say Turbo trainer!? 🚴🤗💪🏻

Saturday